Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I receive a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
This post is going to be broken up into things I love, things I don’t love and things I’m still “eh” about. Regardless of what it is, I still spent a whole bunch of money mis amores and I’m here to tell you all about it!
I’m not going to lie, some things I jumped on because of the hype that we see on social media and some stuff I did my research on because I was just trying to solve a specific problem or issue with my skin. So let’s get started!
Let’s start with the products I love:
- I have horrible bags under my eyes. Like the puffiness and darkness is real. It could have easily happened when I became a mom and started losing a significant amount of sleep. Whatever the root cause of my dilemma, it brought me to this product:
I owe all of you a before and after picture, but I put one of these babies on while I’m making breakfast or binge watching Netflix y pareco gente (I look like a decent human being)! I normally put them on for about 30-45 minutes and then take it off and massage the excess product into my skin. The one annoying thing I hate is that it moves out of place if I’m moving too much, but that’s minor to how it looks when all is said and done.
2. There is nothing more annoying than having dry, crusty lips. NOTHING. So, I invested in a Laneige lip sleeping mask. I know it says that it’s for night use, pero, I definitely put this on throughout the day. Don’t judge. Keeps my lips soft, smooth and plump. Purchase here.
3. It’s so hard to find a good moisturizer and I’ve been pretty loyal to Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream. I just love the consistency – it’s light weight, fast absorbing, not greasy. The formula, overall, is great and has not disappointed. Honestly, it’s one of those products that if I ever forget while I’m on vacation or a work trip, I get super upset about. lol
4. I don’t get horrible blackheads, but when I do, I really love the Biore blackhead strips. I probably use them once a month or even once every other month, but I like to keep them on hand either way. It’s quick, semi-painless, and instant results for a smooth nose. Purchase yours here.
Hype Products that I’m not really a fan of (maybe I got the wrong ones or I have the wrong routine in place, but I definitely don’t love at the moment:
We’re all aging, so I wanted to have a day and night routine that could start reducing the wrinkles, fine lines and loose skin.
I tried the following products: CeraVe Skin Renewing Vitamin C Serum (Day), CeraVe Skin Renewing Retinol Serum (Night) and the CeraVe Eye Repair Cream (twice a day).
Maybe I’m not being patient, but after 30+ days of use, I have yet to see results with these products. They are lightweight and smooth on the skin, but the results are just not there for me. The Vitamin C serum also irritated my skin, where it felt like I was sun burnt – very strange. I’m going to keep going with the eye repair cream to see if I notice a difference, but I am definitely taking a break from the other two.
“Eh” products that I want to love:
- I love night creams because I truly feel like I wake up refreshed with smoother skin than my toddler (lol), but I just can’t get jiggy with the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Dream Face Cream. Needless to say, I want it to work because it’s pricey and I do enjoy the results, but I just can’t, but I will… confusing (I’m going to use it because I paid for it, but I’m going to whine about it)? Purchase here.
2. Is there a sun screen that isn’t thick, strong smelling and greasy? Is there? Huh? Huh? I want to love the Neutrogena Age Shield Face sunscreen because I know all the benefits, but something about it just doesn’t sit right.
Purchase here if you would like to try it. I’m of course going to keep using it; therefore, I will update you guys soon!