All this quarantine has me doing is reminiscing on the times I used to traveled (as if this was many, many moons ago). I know one day, we will all get the opportunity to travel again so to prepare all of us for our upcoming trips to Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico to name a few, I am sharing my travel checklist that keeps me organized and ready to jet.
To begin, I am absolutely nothing without my packing cubes. I bought mine on a sudden whim, but now I can’t travel without them. I went from horrible packing to honestly, a packing genius overnight. You can purchase some on Amazon by clicking here.
Travel checklist is for 7 days for summer weather:
- 3 Rompers/ Jumpsuits (these are really life savers because they count as an entire outfit)
- 4 dresses – 2 flowy, comfy dresses and 2 “going out” dresses – keep in mind, you may not use the “going out” dresses but you just never know
- 10 tops – I get hella sweaty so I need additional outfits to change midday
- 5 bottoms – rotate them
- I’m extra and I pack 1 swimsuit per day – soooo 7 total
- 2 cover ups
- Cross body purse
- Light cardigan or jacket
Shoes/ Bras/ Underwear:
- 3 sandals – black, white and tan
- Regular flip flops from Old Navy
- 1 pair of high heels – make sure to choose a color that go with the dresses you packed and also consider how many hours you’re getting from your heels)
- Never underestimate a good wedged heel – these are hard to find, but yeah.
- A pair of sneakers – ones you don’t mind getting dirty
- A pair of water shoes – click here.
- 2 strapless bras
- 2- 3 everyday bras – black, white and nude
- Pasties – click here.
- Underwear – about 10-14 (wash them every day)
Toiletries (embedded with Amazon links for all of my faves):
- Body wash – I normally bring 2 of these babies (Olay travel size body wash) – click here.
- Travel size lotion – click here.
- Full size deodorant
- Face wash
- Face moisturizer
- Nail clipper
- Nail files
- Travel size Mixed Chicks – shampoo, deep conditioner and leave-in – click here.
- Curling Cream
- Eco travel gel (hard to find in stores) – click here.
- Hard brush to slick them hairs back for bun days
- Denman Brush – for the curly girls – click here.
- Small pair of scissors
- Shaving Cream
- Small Vaseline
- Hair scrunchies
- Mini witch hazel
- Toiletries bag (TSA approved) – click here.
- Mosquito repellent
- Sunscreen – click here.
- Tanning oil – click here.
- Tooth Brush
- Tooth Paste
- Mouth wash
- Tampons and pads if your lady friend is coming to visit
Note: Look at the country you’re traveling to and see how strict they are about toiletries in a Ziploc bag or not. TSA limit is 3.4 oz.
Makeup – I keep this to the minimum!
- 2-3 lipsticks: 2 different nudes and a red lipstick
- Eyebrow pencil
- Setting spray
- Mini eye shadow palette
- Beauty blender
- 2-3 brushes
- Makeup remover
Dassit for makeup!!!
Miscellaneous Must- Haves
- Wired headphones (for those plane movies) – click here.
- Wireless headphones
- Phone charger
- 2 portable chargers (this goes with me everywhere) – fully charged – click here.
- 2 pens
- Credit cards
- Book or e-book
- Hand sanitizer
- Beach bag – click here
- Hydro Flask (empty) – click here.
It may look a lot, but a lot of this stuff is small and fits into your personal item, the toiletry bag or one of the packing cubes.
Also, before I had Lasik, I also packed:
- Contacts – pack more than the amount of days – trust me
- Contact solution if they are not dailies with the little contact holder
- Actual eye glasses
This is just about everything I pack! I do try to pack of my things in a carry-on for convenience, but sometimes it’s hard when you’re also lugging around several baby items. Enjoy, and bookmark this page to use as a checklist for your next vacation.