Donde empiezo? When I created this blog, I didn’t want to limit myself to just my hair – I am a Jane of all trades and have the ability to provide insights on makeup as well. So, here it goes. As a teenager I went through the stage of wearing heavy mascara and eyeliner that was so uneven and out of the place that I couldn’t dare call them sisters or cousins, it was more like ex- best friends. That’s the only way I could describe each of my eyes; however, with practice came swift drawn cat eyes that I became very proud of. As social media describes, my eyeliner has the ability to CUT you, slice you, or whatever la juventud calls it nowadays.
It wasn’t just my eyes. I had uneven tones all over my face, a lack of color and to top it off, I was blessed with a cowlick in my left eyebrow – I know what you’re thinking, and trust me, I’m over it. Anyhow, growing up I always read that symmetry meant beauty; therefore I spent thousands of dollars (over the years, I’m not rich so this wasn’t 1 day) becoming my own makeup artist – self-taught. Visit my IG for some photos: @enidcarolyne
Here goes my current everyday look process:
- Moisturize and Prime face. Currently I am using the Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer and ELF Cosmetics Hydrating Face Primer. Did ya’ll know that ELF stands for Eyes, Lips, Face? Mind Blown.
- I always start with my eyebrows first because it takes the longest – thank you cowlick, I appreciate it. I never steer away from Anastasia Beverly Hills, I just feel like she is the queen of brows and it has worked for me for years. I use the ABH Brow Definer in dark brown. I first outline, fill in and brush out to ensure it looks as natural as possible. I then use NYX concealer in 04 to clean up and give it a more defined look. Lastly, ABH Brow Gel to make sure my brows don’t smudge.
- The third step is to work on my eyes. I really like the natural colors here; therefore, I am loyal to the Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte palette. First, I put some of that NYX 04 concealer and then I get to work. My go-to colors are ‘super mom’ and ‘free spirit’ for the base and lid and then a mix of ‘force of nature’ and ‘wanderer’ in the outer edge and crease. Yes, that’s all folks, I am basic as f***.
- Let’s finish off that eye with Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner and Better Than Sex Mascara. I do not put on eyelashes for my everyday look. I am way too lazy for that.
- I am OBSESSED with Fenty Beauty’s Foundation – I dab it all over my face. Side note: YASSSS RiRi! Then I use Kat Von D’s Lock-it Concealer Creme and draw a triangle under my eye. With anything in the makeup community – blending is highly important. I then do a little baking with Laura Mercier Translucent powder.
- By now – I look like a complete ghost; therefore, it is time to put some color back in my face. I use the ABH Contour palette to enhance my cheek bones, but also to cover up my massive forehead. Then, I use my NARS Bronzer/ Blush Duo palette to finish off the look.
- Highlight that face girl – for this step, I use BECCA Highlight in Opal or Champagne Pop. I normally put it on my cheeks, tip of the nose and my cupid’s bow (lip).
- My everyday look lipstick is either MAC Teddy or NYX Suede in Sandstorm (07).
This was a super lengthy post – if you would like to see a quick video on how I apply these products. Please visit my IG. Don’t forget to comment and like.
For kicks and giggles – how I calculate the cost of my face:
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer: $16.99
- ELF Primer: $6
- ABH Brow Definer: $23
- ABH Brow Gel: $22
- Tartelette Palette: $46
- NYX Concealer: $5
- Better Than Sex Mascara: $23
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: $20
- Kat Von D Concealer: $26
- Fenty Beauty Foundation: $34
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder: $38 Purchase here!
- ABH Contour palette: $40
- NARS Duo: $24
- BECCA Highlight: $19
- MAC Teddy Lipstick: $18
Just know that when I walk out my house, I am walking around with $361 worth of makeup on my face. LOL #depressing